HOW TO SUBMIT A SYMPOSIUM PROPOSAL
The Call for Proposals is now closed.
Symposium proposal submissions for ESERA 2017 must be made online using the proposal submission website.
The main points are as follows:
- Each symposium will be organized by a Chairperson and will contain four (4) presentations concerning a common topic of interest as well as one symposium discussant.
- The symposium contributors must be from at least three (3) countries.
- There will be one chairperson identified for each symposium and this may be one of the presenting authors or a separate individual.
- The symposium chairperson / organiser is in charge of submitting the symposium title and abstract for the whole symposium, as well as providing the name and contact details of a discussant. S/he will also submit the abstract and submissions of the individual presentations making up the symposium, using the ESERA 2017 template for each submission.
- Each symposium session will be given a 120-minute block of time in the programme: 20 minutes for each presentation, 10 minutes for the discussant and a total of 20 minutes allocated for discussions.
Symposia provide an opportunity to present research on one topic, often from multiple perspectives, providing a coherent set of papers for discussion. The coherence and quality of the symposium will be evaluated first as a whole. Each single presentation within a symposium will also be evaluated individually. If the coherence of the symposium is not evaluated positively, each accepted symposium oral presentation will be presented as a single oral presentation in different paper sessions. We recommend that symposia chairpersons set an early deadline for possible contributors to submit to them and that each individual submission is checked for its own quality and its relevance and coherence to the topic of the symposium prior to formal submission to the ESERA conference.